Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

What a lovely Mother's Day weekend.  I always think back on the Mother's Day Sundays I would sit in church so sad to have no children of my own.  All the years of infertility treatment and surgeries while watching other women have child after child.  The greatest moments of my life were when my children were born and the unselfishness which their birthmothers showed in allowing me to be their mother.  I miss having them all small and look back on that time in my life and the joy it brought me.  Time has gone by so quickly and I'm proud of the young adults they are becoming.  

Ryan came down and on Saturday we went bowling as a family.  I always recall the times Dad would let my sister and I come with him on Tuesday nights to his league games; we thought we were so grown up to be among all the adults!  I was happy the venue was empty as we put on quite a display of awfulness!  Ryan did well but Kelleigh and I have LoTs of room for improvement.  It was fun nonetheless! Sunday Mark made delicious lemon-raspberry muffins and our favorite Cal Beef Tenderloin for lunch.  Despite the gloomy weather it was nice to be together.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment